A couple, who have such a welcoming manner that guests often don't want to leave their establishment, have scooped the award for the AA Friendliest B&B of the Year.
Blessing and Gibson Mutandwa, who run the six-bedroom Milton House in Bath, were selected for the award from 25 finalists.
They were presented with their accolade at the AA Bed and Breakfast Awards ceremony held at the St Ermins hotel, London, yesterday. They were among seven award winners, chosen from more than 2,600 bed and breakfast businesses which the AA inspect annually.
Located 12 minute's walk from the centre of Bath, Milton House is named after the poet John Milton. The AA said the Mutandwas, who are original from Africa, offer such a great customer experience that many guests extend their stay.
The couple said they were thrilled to have won the award. "It is wonderful to be recognised for all the hard work and attention to detail we put in to making guests feel welcome at Milton House," they said.
Simon Numphud, AA hotel services manager explained, "Blessing and Gibson Mutandwa are a delightful couple who run everything together. They have a really natural style of hospitality that develops good rapport with guests and creates a welcoming atmosphere throughout. Their enthusiasm for their guests is very clear and we are delighted to recognise them as the AA Friendliest B&B for 2013".
The full list of AA B&B award winners for 2013 are:
- AA Friendliest B&B of the Year: Milton House, Bath
- AA Guest Accommodation of the Year for England: Low Mill Guesthouse, Bainbridge, Yorkshire
- AA Guest Accommodation of the Year for Scotland: Ardtorna B&B near Oban
- AA Guest Accommodation of the Year for Wales: Llwyn Helyg Country House, Llanarthne, Carmarthanshire
- AA Guest Accommodation of the Year for Northern Ireland: Causeway Lodge, Dunseverick, Bushmills
- AA Guest Accommodation of the Year for London: The Windermere, London SW1
- AA Funkiest Bed and Breakfast of the Year: Who'd A Thought It, Grafty Green, Kent