Search
The Caterer

Sale of Ballsbridge site revives speculation over Jurys Doyle

13 October 2005
Sale of Ballsbridge site revives speculation over Jurys Doyle

The battle for Jurys Doyle hotels is expected to reignite this week following the sale of its Dublin Ballsbridge site.

Developer Sean Dunne was due to complete the €260m (£179m) deal on Tuesday (11 October), triggering renewed speculation over the fate of the rest of the group.

One industry insider said rumours were "running wild" about the future of the hotel group. "Things are really going to hot up once the Doyle family make a bid," he said.

The Doyle family consortium, which owns a 42% stake in the business, has indicated it will bid €18.90 (£13) per share for the group. But other shareholders, including Sean Dunne (29% share) and Liam Carroll (8% share), are thought to be considering counter offers.

The source added: "The key is whether Dunne decides to sell out of the group. If he does, he could make €10m-€15m (£7m-£10m) and the Doyles could increase their shareholding to 71%. They would need only 80% to take the company private."

The Doyle family first approached the company about a possible takeover last month.

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.

close

Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.