Yorkshire hotel evacuated after chemicals scare

07 May 2013 by
Yorkshire hotel evacuated after chemicals scare

A Yorkshire Dales hotel was evacuated on Sunday 5 May as a precaution, following a chemicals scare.

A woman was taken to hospital after inhaling fumes at the Devonshire Arms hotel at Bolton Abbey.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said two chemicals had been mixed together inadvertently in the swimming pool plant room giving off fumes.

The brief evacuation was ended after fire offices vented the fumes from the building before carrying out checks, according to the BBC.

Leisure centre safety >>

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.


Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking