Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

Conran tells more about new Lutyens restaurant

17 June 2009 by
Conran tells more about new Lutyens restaurant

Sir Terence Conran has confirmed details of his latest restaurant venture, Lutyens, which will open in the City of London later this month.

First revealed byCaterer's restaurant blog Guide Girl in April, Lutyens is a joint venture between Conran, his wife Vicki and Boundary business partner Peter Prescott.

Housed in the former Reuters building on Fleet Street, it is named after the building's architect Sir Edwin Lutyens and will comprise a restaurant, bar and private members' club with four private dining rooms.

Former Pont de la Tour chef David Burke will be in charge of the kitchen, while former Café Anglais general manager Graham Williams will oversee front of house.

The 130-seat restaurant will serve a menu of French food with Irish influences and will include a crustacean and sushi bar. The 50-seat bar will include a charcuterie counter and will be open from 7.30am to midnight serving an all-day menu.

Conran said: "I have always admired David Burke's enthusiasm and the way he combines his Irish style with classic French cooking.

"Together with Graham's efficient and charming service, I think we have created a restaurant that might tempt a few journalists back to Fleet Street and get the bankers out of their bunkers and spending again."

Conran together with wife Vicki and business partner Peter Prescott launched the Boundary in Shoreditch, east London, in January.

The Boundary, which has been a hit with critics, forms part of an ambitious complex housed in a converted Victorian warehouse, which will eventually comprise three restaurants, 17 individually designed bedrooms, a bakery and a food store.

Conran sold off 49% of Conran Restaurants, now D&D London, in 2006 and announced he was looking for a buyer for his remaining 51% stake last year.

Conran's Boundary ‘a very welcome restaurant', says AA Gill >>

Sir Terence Conran to sell restaurant stake >>

By Kerstin Kühn

E-mail your comments to Kerstin Kühn here.

Caterersearch.com jobs
Looking for a new job? Find your next restaurant job here with Caterersearch.com jobs

Blogs on Caterersearch.com](http://www.caterersearch.com/blogs) Catch up with more news and gossip on all Caterer's blogs
[Newsletters For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our e-mail newsletters.
The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.

close

Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking