It's the most important meal of the day and accounts for 1.1 billion out-of-home meal occasions each year, but are you offering your customers the right choice of foods for breakfast?
In a bid to give caterers guidance on cracking the undercapitalised breakfast market, Heinz Foodservice has homed in on four distinct breakfast consumer types to wake up the industry.
On a mission to establish itself as "The Breakfast Expert", Heinz Foodservice drew on the latest Mintel survey research to identify the following consumers in order to help outlets maximise their breakfast offering and profitability:
- Fuel Up - food is fuel, and a cooked breakfast is part of this breakfaster's daily routine.
- Grab ‘n' Go - leads a busy life and is extremely time-poor, skipping breakfast regularly.
- Healthy Choice - looks for an elusive, guilt-free breakfast that's hot and nutritious.
- Total Treat - likes to treat themselves once in a while with a real slap-up breakfast.
Buy It! has teamed up with breakfast specialists Heinz Foodservice and Hatco to offer one lucky reader an exciting prize package of more than £1,500-worth of breakfast products and equipment.
How to enter
One lucky reader who can answer the question below correctly will win this amazing prize. All entries must be submitted on a postcard by 15 October 2008.
Entrants should include their name, job title, company name and address, and contact telephone number. Send entries to: Buy It!/Heinz & Hatco Breakfast Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS.
Which meal is said to be the most important of the day?
The equipment, from Hatco, includes a six-slot Pull Up Toaster, built to withstand the rigours of a busy breakfast service. It has easy-to-use control knobs and a choice of four- or six-slot operation, to save energy consumption on small toast runs, while the stainless steel finish and removable crumb tray ensure that cleaning is easy.
For when a greater toast output is required, there's a Toast-Max Conveyor Toaster, offering functionality, style, user-friendliness and as many as 360 slices of toast per hour.
Ideal for cooking and holding beans and scrambled eggs at breakfast time, and also up for grabs, is a freestanding Heat-Max Heated Well. Choose from three temperature settings from 50Â°C to 100Â°C for warming, steaming and boiling a variety of foods.
A bumper supply of Heinz breakfast products completes the breakfast package and includes 12 cases of Heinz Beanz (each containing 6 x 2.62kg tins), 12 cases of Heinz Tomato Ketchup and HP Brown Sauce (containing 12 bottles of each) and 12 chrome tabletop holders for the ketchup and sauce.
For more information, call Heinz Foodservice on 0800 575755 or visitwww.heinzsight.co.uk.
For more information on the Hatco range of products, call 01509 260140 or visitwww.hatcocorp.com.
|And the winners are … The winners of the Rational competition in the 31 July issue of *Buy It!* to win five sets of £300 knives by Friedr Dick are: - |
Alyce Forde, manager/cook, Viewfield House, Portree-
Victoria Belon, catering manager, Lakefield Training Centre, Maresfield Gardens, London-
Calvin Gear, head chef, Winthrop Hall, Staplehurst, Tonbridge-
Joshua Brimmell, chef de partie, Isinglass Restaurant, Urmston, Manchester-
Charlotte Webster, commis chef, Greens Bistro, St Annes-on-Sea, Lancs
Terms & conditions
- This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information, Heinz or Hatco.
- We reserve the right to change the prize without notice, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
- Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies which wish to send you information about their products and services, including our sponsors, Heinz and Hatco. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices, please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection, or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath RH16 3BR, UK.
- The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.