Five readers will pick up our top prize this month, as Buy It! teams up with P&G Professional to offer some top-quality linen plus state-of-the-art cleaning products.
"Cleanliness is next to godliness" says the ancient proverb and while it's unlikely that the Hebrew writings in which it is believed to have its origins were referring to linen, today's hotel and restaurant guests certainly place great importance on the cleanliness of the linen adorning an establishment's tables and beds.
An independent consumer survey carried out by P&G Professional revealed that over 90% of consumers would question the level of hygiene in the areas of an establishment they could not see if the linen was dirty or stained. The cleanliness of linens, such as bedding and towels, was cited most often as most important to consumers when staying in a hotel, B&B or guesthouse.
Bed linen was cited most often as the first thing to be checked in a hotel room in terms of cleanliness and dirty or stained bed linen was named a top concern that would make consumers leave a hospitality establishment early, put them off returning or stop them from recommending to friends and families.
Buy It! has teamed up with P&G Professional to offer readers the chance to win one of five prizes of £250-worth of Richard Haworth linen of their choice, plus Ariel Expert System products to keep it super clean.
HOW TO ENTER
Five lucky readers who can answer the question below correctly will win this prize. All entries must be submitted on a postcard by 15 June 2009. Entrants should include their name, job title, company name and address and contact telephone number. Send entries to Buy It!/ P&G Professional Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS.
What percentage of consumers would question the level of hygiene in the areas of an establishment they could not see if the linen was dirty or stained?
Five winners can each choose £250-worth of linen from Richard Haworth's 2,500 product lines, including bath linen, bed linen and table linen.
The company's bed linen includes a wide range of fabrics and designs such as classic plain white, stripes, checks, plain dyed and prints. Duvets, pillows and mattress protectors are also available. In bath linen, towels range from 450gsm to 600gsm in weight and can be complemented by bath robes and slippers. An extensive colour palette of 33 colours of table linen can complement existing design schemes and aprons are available in the same 33 colours to give the finishing touch to front of house.
The Ariel Expert System from P&G Professional consists of Ariel Expert Liquid or Ariel Expert Powder coupled with Ariel Expert Stain Buster and is specifically developed for professional laundry loads. The new two-product system eliminates the need to pre-treat or soak and delivers outstanding stain removal and disinfection at just 40°C.
Ariel Expert Liquid offers professional stain removal power to keep white fabrics brilliantly white, while Ariel Expert Powder kills almost all bacteria, including harmful micro-organisms such as MRSA, offers tough stain removal at 40°C and features a discreet perfume designed for the hospitality industry.
Ariel Expert Stain Buster is for use with Ariel Expert Liquid or Ariel Expert Powder for boosted stain removal and is just added to the wash.
|And the winner is … The winner of the Espresso Essential competition in the 26 March issue of *Buy It!* to win a Bambino coffee machine is Jane Saxon, owner, Moresby Hall, Moresby, Whitehaven.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information, or P&G Professional.
- We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisherÕs decision is final.
- Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services, including our sponsor, P&G Professional. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
- The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.