Following extensive consumer research, Britvic has discovered there are significantly fewer customers picking up carbonated soft drinks in the on-the-go channel in comparison to the take home grocery channel. Getting consumers to purchase more often represents a £40m opportunity that on-the-go outlets can benefit from.
To make the most of the soft drinks sales opportunity, food service outlets should:
- Stock a consistent range of top-selling brands.
- Ensure that brands/lines from the leading soft drinks sub-categories are stocked - for instance, fruit juice, fruit drinks, cola and water.
- Stock a range of formats that caters for consumers' preferences - for example, cans, bottles, etc.
- Use the leading brands to attract the shopper to the fixture.
- Ensure new products are stocked to refresh the offering and drive incremental sales.
- Ensure the fixture is well maintained, fully stocked and easy to shop. Availability is key - if a consumer fails to find what they are looking for they may choose to shop elsewhere.
To help food service operators across the UK invigorate sales of their own on-the-go soft drinks, Britvic has launched the new, bigger 600ml format in low and no added sugar variants. The new larger bottles of Pepsi Max, Pepsi Diet, Tango and 7Up Free, offer food service operators the chance to grow their sales while offering increased value to customers. The new packs are available at no extra cost to food service operators and will be a permanent replacement for the current 500ml low and no added sugar carbonates range.
To celebrate the launch of its new 600ml range of carbonated soft drinks, Britvic is giving away £30,000-worth of stock to 50 Caterer and Hotelkeeper readers.
HOW TO ENTER
To be in with a chance of winning your share of the £30,000-worth of soft drinks and qualifying for a free-on-loan Britvic chiller, fill in the form on this page.
The winners will receive £600-worth of drinks and qualify for a free-on-loan branded Britvic chiller. The free stock value is based on 26 cases of 500/600ml x 24 at MRSP of £1.09. The free stock is made up of eight cases of Pepsi Max 600ml, four cases of Diet Pepsi 600ml, four cases of 7up Free 600ml, four cases of Tango Orange 600ml, three cases of Pepsi Regular 500ml, and three cases of 7up Regular 500ml.
For further information on Britvic Soft Drinks call 0845 758 5450.