Kitchen porter arrested over poisoning claims at Stowe School
A kitchen porter at Buckinghamshire's prestigious Stowe School has been arrested over claims some soup was poisoned.
The BBC reported that Stowe had contacted the police last week and that a 58-year-old man from Brackley in Northamptonshire had been arrested.
The suspicion of staff was first aroused when they noticed a chemical smell in the soup, although no-one fell ill.
The porter was arrested on suspicion of administering poison with intent to endanger life.
Head teacher Dr Anthony Wallersteiner told parents of the school's 750 pupils: "I would like to reassure parents that no pupils or members of staff were affected in the incident."
The porter could not be detained for health reasons and has been released on bail until 29 March.
Alexander Litvinenko poisoning news round-up >>
Kitchen worker loses job but keeps her head after poison food remarks >>
Hotel should sue over false poison claims >>
By Neil Gerrard
E-mail your comments to Neil Gerrard here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com jobs