The annual Who's Cooking Dinner? charity fundraiser held at the Four Seasons Hotel on London's Park Lane on 6 March has raised a total of £530,000 for leukaemia research charity, Leuka.
The event saw 20 top chefs, with 15 Michelin stars between them, come together to cook for 200 diners, which were assigned to a chef's table by random draw.
The chef line up consisted:
- Tom Kerridge of the Hand and Flowers, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- Brett Graham of the Ledbury, Notting Hill, London
- Ashley Palmer-Watts of Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, Knightsbridge, London
- Hélène Darroze of the Hélène Darroze at the Connaught, Mayfair, London
- Ruth Rogers of the River Café, Thames Wharf, London
- Adam Byatt of Trinity, Clapham Old Town, London
- Isaac McHale of the Clove Club, Shoreditch, London
- James Lowe of Lyle's, Shoreditch, London
- Giorgio Locatelli, Locanda Locatelli, Marylebone, London
- Tong Chee Hwee, HKK, Shoreditch, London
- José Pizarro of Pizarro, London
- Bjoern Weissgerber of Sexy Fish, Mayfair, London
- Francesco Mazzei, Sartoria, Mayfair, London
- Mark Hix, Hix, London
- Peter Gordon, the Providores, Marylebone, London
- Rainer Becker, Zuma, Knightsbridge, London
- Nuno Mendes, Chiltern Firehouse, Marylebone, London
- Tim Hughes, Scott's, Mayfair, London
- Hideki Hiwatashi, Sake no Hana, St. James's, London
Following the meal, the chefs themselves were auctioned off to diners who bid for them to cook in their own home. The top three bids of the night amassed a total of £104,000 with Peter Gordon and José Pizarro's dinner in San Sebastián going for £45,000. Francesco Mazzei's two auction dinners raised £34,000 and Hélène Darroze's dinner went for £25,000.
Chris Corbin, chairman of Leuka and Who's Cooking Dinner? said: "Words cannot express our deep gratitude to the chefs and their teams who make this event so unique and so special. We raised even more money than last year for a cause that is close to our hearts. The money raised will save lives and this is what this event is all about."
Who's Cooking Dinner? was launched by chef Peter Gordon in 1998 when his sister was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia. The event has raised over £5m for the Leuka charity to date.
Videos from The Caterer archives