Entries are now open for the Best Places to Work in Hospitality 2024, the awards that recognise the top employers in the hospitality sector and provide insight into how operators are perceived by their teams.
Run in partnership with Korero and sponsored by Umbrella Training, the awards identify and showcase the operators who lead the way in people engagement and workplace culture.
Now in their tenth year, the awards are a celebration of employment best practice, featuring companies large and small, established and entrepreneurial, and holding them up as exemplars in employee engagement.
Those entering benefit from industry insights and benchmarking against other entrants and have the chance to feature in the top 30 hospitality employers list, which sets a business apart as an employer of choice.
Those who make the top 30 also gain a free place at the Caterer's 2024 People Summit, while the six highest achievers will be shortlisted for the Best Employer Catey 2024.
Adele Oxberry, founder and chief executive at Umbrella Training said: "Our industry is ever-evolving and, as it faces ongoing challenges brought out about by wider societal factors, we know how important a continued commitment to learning and development is for our sector.
"Hospitality needs workplace cultures that offer true and meaningful leadership, and places where people can be nurtured and supported as they develop their careers.
"Those who invest in their talent now, are the businesses that will be fit for the future.
"These companies make our industry exceptional. That's why it is so important for us to help to celebrate and recognise those who do it brilliantly, and why we are proud to sponsor and support Best Places to Work."
Last year, Red Carnation Hotels carried off the Best Employer Catey. It demonstrated the company's family values through the group's RCH IDEA, which stands for Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity, Action, which aimed at achieving inclusion and compassion throughout recruitment and the workforce.
Some 97% of its employees agreed with the statement "All individuals are valued". One staff member said: "I feel like I have learned so much in my time here and progressed so far because people have believed in me and given me opportunities."
How it works
- Visit the Best Places to Work in Hospitality website here and login to complete your company details.
- There is a payment of £495 per company, which covers the cost of the employee survey.
- Each individual will identify and prioritise what's important to them at work and then rate you against those criteria.
- They will choose from a comprehensive and well-researched list of characteristics associated with being a Best Place to Work in Hospitality. They are then asked to rate how well they believe their employer measures up against these characteristics.
- Final individual outcomes are calculated and combined with those of your other employees, to produce your organisation's score (which is used to calculate and compile the shortlist).
- They will also answer five ‘killer questions' about working for your organisation as well as an opportunity to add their comments, providing you with valuable additional insights.
- All organisations completing an entry will receive a secure link to an online report on their responses, with comparisons against peer averages, drawn up by Korero.
- The outcome scores will also enable The Caterer and Korero to identify the top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality.
- Those who make the top 30 will appear in The Caterer and gain a free place at The Caterer's People Summit.
- The top six employers will exclusively be invited to enter the 2024 Best Employer Catey Award. Please see www.cateys.com for further information.
- Entering Best Places to Work in Hospitality means you will gain invaluable insights into what really makes your people tick, with clear indicators of how well you are delivering. It also provides the opportunity to raise your profile as an employer of choice, as well as pinpointing quick wins and strategic business improvements through powerful data and people analytics.
- For consideration to be part of the Best Places to Work in Hospitality 2024 all surveys must be completed by 09 February 2024.