The Ivy Victoria
The latest site in the Ivy Collection has opened at London's Victoria, taking over what was a Jamie's Italian, one of three sites previously owned by Jamie Oliver's restaurant group that were bought by Richard Caring's Caprice Holdings this summer after the collapse of the celebrity chef's business.
Set across two floors, the site has an upstairs bar area, offering a cocktail menu, balcony space and a calendar of entertainment and DJs, as well as a covered, heated outdoor terrace. The venue also has a private dining room for 20 guests seated or 35 guests for standing drinks receptions.
Martin Brudnizki Design Studio consulted on the restaurant's interior, which features artwork inspired by the railway, nearby Buckingham Palace and theatres.
Jamie's Italian in Cardiff has also recently reopened as an Ivy Brasserie, while Barbecoa in St Paul's has reopened as the second Ivy Asia after Manchester.
- Opened 12 November
- Covers 168 inside; 104 outside
- General manager Beth Harding
- Executive chef Sean Burbidge
- Head chef Katie Burke
- Typical dishes Roast pumpkin soup, truffle ricotta, pine nuts, crispy sage; truffled wild mushroom, potato rosti, creamed mushroom, fried quail's egg, grated truffle; vegetarian shepherd's pie
Brother Marcus Spitalfields
Eastern Mediterranean concept Brother Marcus has opened its third site in Spitalfields Market, London. Cocktails will feature Greek mastiha, ouzo and rakı, while an outdoor counter will serve coffee, pastries and salads to go.
- Founders Alex Large, Arthur Campbell and Tasos Gaitanos
- Design Finch Interiors
- Typical dishes Kefalotyri saganaki encrusted with seeds; grilled pork sheftaliés
Chucs restaurant group has opened its latest site in London's Belgravia, its largest so far. A 120-bin wine list has been curated by head sommelier Stefano Barbarino, while interiors have been inspired by 1950s Italy.
- Covers 55
- General manager Alex Robertson
- Head chef Alessandro Piludu
- Typical dishes Citrus-cured seabass, ponzu, sesame; truffle and lovage risotto
Salt Yard Group's Ember Yard has reopened in London's Soho with a new design and menu, which focuses on Spanish and Italian-inspired dishes and meat and fish cooked over fire.
- Covers 80
- Owners Malcolm Heap and Nick Pring
- Head chef Christian Parisi
- General manager Daniele Boggi
- Typical dishes Whole sea bream, Basque vinaigrette; rib-eye, chicken jus, membrillo
The Harrogate Spa
The Harrogate Spa has opened at the DoubleTree by Hilton Harrogate Majestic hotel, part of a £15m renovation of the 184-bedroom property. The spa has a 12.5m indoor pool and six treatment rooms, a spa pool, Himalayan salt sauna and steam room. There is also a relaxation lounge leading out to a spa garden, a café and terrace, as well as a fully equipped gym and studio.
- Spa director Lynn Roach
Casual dining restaurant Indico Street Kitchen has opened a second site at Birmingham's Mailbox. Bollywood art, street photography and hand-drawn paintings and murals by local artists decorate the interiors, while the menu offers Punjabi classics, including chaats, curries and tandoor dishes.
Owner Faheem Badur Typical dishes Chicken biryani; tandoori chicken leg; Mughlai lamb rogan josh; Punjabi choley Websitewww.indicostreetkitchen.com
Bong Bong's Manila Kanteen
Lee Johnson and Sinead Campbell, founders of My Million Pound Menu winner BBQ Dreamz, have opened a site in London's Bethnal Green, serving Filipino food.
- Owners Lee Johnson and Sinead Campbell
- Typical dishes Satay duck heart skewers; Lechon Kawali (deep-fried pork belly); la paz batchoy (noodle broth with pork and liver)
- Website www.bbqdreamz.co.uk
You need to create an account to read this article. It's free and only requires a few basic details.
Already subscribed? Log In