The Hospital Caterers Association (HCA) has announced the shortlist for its annual awards, which aims to recognise the commitment and contribution of its members.
It has also introduce an additional category, the Staff, Health & Wellbeing Award, which highlights the importance of supporting staff.
Other awards will include Caterer of the Year, Catering Service of the Year, Chairman’s Choice, Trade Stand and the Wilma Wilkie HCA Outstanding Service Award.
The winners will be announced as part of the President’s Dinner and awards ceremony at Titanic Belfast on 6 April.
Phil Shelley, HCA chair, said: “The HCA National Awards serve as an opportunity to celebrate the individuals and teams who work tirelessly to provide patients with nutritious food, every day of the year.
“We are excited about our new award category as it’s important to ensure we are looking after our staff just as well as our patients.”
Caterer of the Year
- Mark Irvine, support services manager, Mid Ulster Hospital, Northern Health and Social Care Trust
- Nicola McIvor, catering production & services manager, NHS Ayrshire and Arran
- Iain Robertson, hotel services manager, St Ann’s Hospital, Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust
Catering Service of the Year
- Helen Davidson, catering strategy team, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Violet Davidson, Northern Health and Social Care Trust – Antrim Area Hospital Catering Services
- Karen McLaughlin, Northern Health and Social Care Trust – Community Catering Services
Staff, Health & Wellbeing
- Pamela Mailler, Golden Jubilee National Hospital
- Nicola McIvor, NHS Ayrshire and Arran
- Robert Wright, Northern Health and Social Care Trust – Causeway Hospital Catering Services
Wilma Wilkie Outstanding Service
- Mark Hayman, retired, South West Branch
- Andy Jones, consultant, West Midlands Branch
- Chris Lay, retired, Wessex Branch
- Stuart McDowell, hotel services manager, NHS Dumfries and Galloway, West of Scotland Branch
The Chairman’s Choice and Trade Stand award winners will be announced on the night.