Compass Group support services provider ESS Defence has been reinforced with the arrival of a new business director to lead the division.
Laird, who started his new role on Monday (17 November), has 25 years of experience in the retail sector at Midcounties Co-operative, Somerfield and Woolworths.
Ian Sarson, managing director of specialist markets at Compass, said: "This is a key appointment within specialist markets, to lead and develop the support services provided by ESS Defence."
Last month Caterersearch revealed Compass's plan to combine Eurest Support Services (ESS) with its business and industry division, Eurest, creating Eurest Services.
However, ESS Defence and ESS Offshore are not affected by this move.
New recruits at Compass Group
- Ben Hills, previously head of food buying at Selfridges and purchasing director at Planet Organic, recently joined Compass Group as food purchasing director.
- Ivan Bonner, previously country managing director for Compass Group South Africa joined Compass Group UK in October 2008 as Eurest Services, business director North.
- Alain Morize from Compass Group Indonesia joins in December 2008 as business director for offshore.
- Gaétan De L'Hermite joined in July from Compass CAMEA where he was managing director for remote sites. His new role is managing director for the Republic of Ireland.
- Sarah Miller, previously business director for Restaurant Associates Dining, joined Compass's sport, leisure and hospitality sector in mid-August as business director, leisure.
By Chris Druce
E-mail your comments to Chris Druce here.