Further details of the merged Blue Badge Style and Bespoke Access Awards have been revealed.
The merging of the two awards was announced at the Bespoke Access Awards earlier this year and will see the initiative controlled equally by Blue Badge Style, Bespoke Access and Leonard Cheshire Disability, with its scope broadening to extend beyond the hospitality industry and design communities.
The new Blue Badge Access Awards will aim to recognise venues and businesses with a stylish approach to accessibility, as well as to praise innovative and forward-thinking solutions to the issues experienced by disabled guests when travelling.
The categories will include:
• Most Inclusive Building/Interior Design
• Best Hotel x 2 (Upmarket and Boutique, Bespoke Award)
• Best Bar x 2 (Upmarket and Budget)
• Best Restaurant x 2 (Upmarket - Conran Award - and Budget)
• Best Accessible Toilet
• Ludicrous Loo
• Above & Beyond (Includes Hospitality & Corporates)
• People's Choice Award
• Best Venue in a Listed Building
• Inclusive Employment Award (Leonard Cheshire)
• Employee of the Year