The Craft Guild of Chefs has extended the paper entry deadline for this year's National Chef of the Year 2015.
Chefs now have until Friday 17 April to download and submit their entry for paper judging.
This year, chefs must create a menu consisting of a starter of fresh pasta, main course of fish using whole fresh sea bass with appropriate accompaniments, and a dessert tart.
The competition is open to all ethnicities of chef, male or female, from all sectors of the industry.
David Mulcahy, the competition's organiser and vice-president of the Craft Guild of Chefs said: "The National Chef of the Year is a fantastic challenge for any chef to take on and we encourage entries from all sectors of the industry. In recent years we've had hotel chefs, restaurant chefs and a contract caterer collect the title. Not only does the winner receive invaluable, career-boosting recognition but thanks to our generous sponsors, we also have thousands of pounds worth of prizes on offer."
Key dates for this year's competition are as follows:
- Friday 17 April - Closing date for paper entries
- Friday 15 May - Paper judging
- Tuesday 19 May - Semi-finalists announced
- Thursday 11 June - Semi-final heats at Sheffield College
- Wednesday 24 June - Semi-final heats at Le Cordon Bleu, London
- Tuesday 6 October - National Chef of the Year final at The Restaurant Show, London
For more information and to download the entry form visit http://craftguildofchefs.org