This page lists links to all the AA-listed five- to three-rosette restaurants in the UK. It also has other great stuff about AA-rosette restaurants all collected in one area to make it easier to find the information.
You should be able to find out all you need about AA rosette restaurants in the UK through this page, including a comprehensive listing of the top AA rosette- restaurants; the latest AA restaurant news; background information on AA rosettes; and links to AA-rosette restaurants' websites.
We even have some typical menus that you might get in these restaurants. And if you feel the urge to comment about AA rosettes then feel free to leave a comment on links to our blogs on the topic or in our forum area.
- One rosette Chefs should display a mastery of basic techniques and be able to produce dishes of sound quality and clarity of flavours, using good, fresh ingredients.
- Two rosettes Innovation, greater technical skill and more consistency and judgement in combining and balancing ingredients are all needed at this level.
- Three rosettes This award takes a restaurant into the big league. Expectations of the kitchen are high: exact technique, flair and imagination must come through in every dish, and balance and depth of flavour are all-important.
- Four rosettes At this level, not only should all technical skills be exemplary, but there should also be daring ideas, and they must work. There is no room for disappointment. Flavours should be accurate and vibrant.
- Five rosettes The supreme accolade awarded only when the cooking is at the pinnacle of achievement. Flavours, combinations and textures show a faultless sense of balance, giving each dish an extra dimension.
Latest AA-rosette restaurant newsView the 2010 AA rosette winners here >>
AA rosette restaurants in the UK
View a list of restaurants with five AA rosettes >>
AA rosette-related blogs
Kitchen Rat -
AA rosette restaurants on the web
The AA restaurant website
NUMBER OF AA ROSETTES HELD BY JANUARY 2009
|Channel Islands||0||1||3||7||- 10 Â||21|
|Isle of Man||- 0||- 0||- 0||- 1||- 1||1|
|Gibraltar||- 0||- 0||- 0||- 2||- 1||- 2|