Caterer's Best for Business participant The Mulberry Tree in Boughton Monchelsea, Kent, has been named the regional winner for the South East by The Good Food Guide.
The award comes hot on the heels of the restaurant being named Produced in Kent Restaurant of the Year, and proprietor Karen Williams said she was "delighted with the news".
The Mulberry Tree will now go head to head with the other nine regional winners to compete for the overall Restaurant of the Year title, which will be awarded on 9 June at a ceremony at the British Museum in London.
The other finalists are:
- Midlands: Entropy, Leicester
- London: L'Etranger, South Kensington
- East England: Maison Bleue, Bury St Edmunds
- Northern Ireland: Mourne Seafood, Belfast
- Wales: Tyddyn Llan, Llandrillo
- North East: Yorke Arms, Ramsgill
- North West: Nutters, Norden
- Scotland: Ubiquitous Chip, Glasgow
- South West: Ronnies, Thornbury
Elizabeth Carter, editor of The Good Food Guide, said: "All of the restaurants that made it on to this year's shortlist should be really proud of the show of support they've received from their customers. It'll now be a really tough decision for the judges to crown the overall winner."
By Kerstin Kühn
E-mail your comments to Kerstin Kühn here.
Looking for a new job? Find your next restaurant job here with Caterersearch.com jobs