The list of 16 finalists for this year's Young Chef Young Waiter competition has been unveiled.
The annual competition, which is an award for both front-of-house and back-of-house, is organised by the Restaurant Association, careers portal Springboard, credit card giant American Express and the Savoy Educational Trust.
The winners will be announced on 2 October and will receive £2,000 and an all-expenses-paid trip to Barbados.
Young Chef finalists:
- Lisa Allen, Northcote Manor, Langho, Lancashire
- William Wood Boyter, Restaurant Number One, Edinburgh
- Christopher Eagle, Jesmond Dene House, Newcastle
- Sinead Finnigan, the Square, London,
- Jason Eaves, Le Champignon Sauvage, Cheltenham
- Tom Scade, the Ritz, London
- Neil Borthwick, the Connaught, London
- Stephen Williams, the Ledbury, London
Young Waiter finalists:
- Joseph Durrant, Atrium, Edinburgh
- Trudy Mallin, Gleneagles, Perthshire
- Daniel Stasiewicz, Jesmond Dene House, Newcastle
- Jeremy Powell, Malmaison Hotel Bar & Brasserie, Manchester
- Daniel Norman, Gidleigh Park, Chagford, Devon
- Sandrine Guerillon, Four Seasons, London
- Luigi Cagnin, the Ritz, London
- Arnaud Menoret, Reads, Kent
By Kerstin Kühn