Rawson competed against sixteen chefs during a competition held on 10 September at the Botanist Broadgate Circle, London.
He won with the Global Traveller burger, which was made from an aged Basque beef patty, truffle aioli, wild rocket, balsamic onions, pancetta and gorgonzola.
The judging panel included: Jamie Klingler, founder of National Burger Day; Andy Lynes, food writer and restaurant critic; Mike Gibson, associate editor of Foodism; and Jon Massey; deputy editor of the Wharf.
Robbin Holmgren of Jamie Oliver's Fifteen was voted People's Choice Winner through a public vote with his Iberico pork patty, crispy pig's jowl, apple slaw, fermented plum BBQ sauce, dill pickles and quince mustard.
Full list of finalists:
- Adam Rawson of Grub Club, London, with the Global Traveller burger - aged Basque beef patty, truffle aioli, wild rocket, balsamic onions, pancetta and gorgonzola.
- Sameer Taneja of Talli Joe, Covent Garden, London, with the Desi Slider - Banana blossom and black chickpea patty inside a bao bun, served with fenugreek curried mayo, kachumber slaw, saag and in-house packeted crisps
- Jacques Fourie of Ember Yard, Soho, London, with smoked and glazed pork belly, homemade Iberico bacon, smoked tomato jam, picked apple, kohlrabi and crispy pigs ears.
- Richard O'Connell of Tom's Kitchens, with heather smoked grouse breast slider with venison bresaola, spiced sloe chutney pickles in a wholegrain bun.
- Dan Dabrowski of Balans Soho Society, Soho, London, with a patty of four different types of smoked and cured pork, smoked eel crisps, homemade plum and cherry liqueur ketchup, pickled ceps and a fennel and apple slaw in a black brioche bun.
- Jim Abbott of Hixter, Shoreditch, London, with a crispy sweetcorn battered soft shell crab burger with pickled lemon and coriander salad.
- Robbin Holmgren of Jamie Oliver's Fifteen, Hoxton, London with an Iberico pork patty, crispy pig's jowl, apple slaw, fermented plum BBQ sauce, dill pickles and quince mustard.
- Tim Anderson of Nanban, Brixton, London, with his One Million Yen Luxury Train Carriage Slider - ages beef, red miso demi glace, fresh English wasabi, tsuyu-glazed tomato, gem lettuce and truffled aonori mayo.
- Ben Waugh of Maze Grill, Park Walk, London, with smoked short rib of beef with tobacco onions and pickles.
- Jeremy Pang of Cha Chaan Teng, Holborn, London, with a short rib bao slider with shredded carrot and coriander pickle and caramelised almonds.
- Jay Pullum of the Botanist Broadgate Circle, London, with the Double Winder - confit chicken wing, bbq pulled chicken wing, smoked baked bean ketchup, chicken salt and chicken slaw.
- Tony Kitous of Comptoir Libanais, London, with his Levant Dog - a hot dog slider made with lamb kofta, pistachio and tahini mayonnaise
- Mark Jankel of Street Kitchen, Broadgate Circle, London, with Smokey Bill - an aged beef patty, organic cheddar, home smoked prochetta, pickled red onions, baby gen, smokey grain mustard mayo, stokes ketchup in a brioche bun.
- Jorge Lorenco of Crab Tavern, Broadgate Circle, London, with a champagne lobster burger with rarebit.
- Joshua Campbell of Smokin' Buns, Putney, London, with the Watership Down - a venison patty, pulled BBQ rabbit leg, crispy house cured duck ham, pickled wild mushrooms and wild blackberry compote on an artisan slider bun.
- Andrew Tajudin of Dickie Fitz, Fitzrovia, London, with a chicken satay slider with pineapple and cucumber relish.
Latest video from The Caterer