A Strada restaurant in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, has been gutted by fire.
The blaze started in the kitchen of the restaurant, which sits in a 17th-century listed building called Cupola House, on Saturday night. According to reports, the fire reignited on Sunday night, and the area around the restaurant has been closed off.
There have also been reports of a structural collapse at the site.
Luckily, however, no one was hurt during the blaze and staff and customers were evacuated from the building successfully.
A statement from Strada said: "We can confirm there was a fire at our Bury St Edmunds site which started in the kitchen. This caused considerable damage to the rear of the building. No one was injured during the incident and staff acted swiftly to ensure customers vacated the building in line with fire evacuation procedures."
By Neil Gerrard
E-mail your comments to Neil Gerrard here.
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Catererandhotelkeeper.com jobs