The Caterers online Marketing Summit will be held on Tuesday 29 June. In six weeks hospitality operators and experts will discuss the opportunities and challenges marketing departments will be facing up and down the country over the next few months.
The Marketing Summit will address how to market your offering to a wide audience in unpredictable times. Register for free to listen to advice and case studies from new speakers including Petra Clayton, founder and chief executive of Custard Communications, and Martin Evans, managing director at the Tourism Business, who will discuss why marketing is more critical than ever before. Meanwhile, a technology-focused panel will also highlight how to futureproof your marketing strategy to help reassure customers ahead of their visits, and the benefits of harnessing data to encourage repeat bookings.
The live event will also include a social media masterclass held by Mark McCulloch, founder and chief executive at Supersonic Inc, who will provide insight into the latest growth hacks and content marketing techniques that will move the needle on social media over the next decade.
Speaking ahead of his panel discussion Evans said: "In the past, hoteliers have been accused, sometimes quite rightly, of being lazy marketers. Too much reliance on OTAs and your in-house email database will hold the business back. The pandemic has seen rapid progression of marketing in the form of new hotel marketing tech solutions, market segment diversification and amazing creativity across the board, and we need to ensure that these shots of marketing adrenalin across the sector continue as the industry recovers."
The Caterer editor James Stagg added: "As we head into what we hope will be a very busy summer, our industry needs to be more confident in shouting about how fantastic it is and this event will help you harness the right marketing messaging to attract customers this summer and beyond. Join us on 29 June and come armed with your questions for our expert panellists, who will tell you that marketing is much more than simply brand promotion."
What you will learn from The Caterer's Marketing Summit 2021
- How to take advantage of the changing face of marketing
- How to promote your business in a post-pandemic world, as well as position your brand and understand your specific target audience
- How to effectively use social media to engage potential customers
- How to use technology to deliver on your marketing strategy goals
Agenda at a glance
- 2pm: Welcome from James Stagg, editor, The Caterer
- 2.05pm: Panel #1: Why marketing is more critical than ever
- 2.50pm: Social media masterclass
- 3.15pm: Panel #2: Technology to futureproof your marketing strategy post-Covid and beyond
- 4pm: Close