In January, Michelin-starred hotel-restaurant, Northcote in Lancashire, will celebrate 10 years of Obsession, its annual festival showcasing fine food and wine.
The gastronomic celebration, which will run from 25 January to 3 February 2010, will feature some of the UK and Europe's most talented chefs, who will each cook an exclusive ‘one night only' menu.
Celebrating the festival's 10th anniversary chef-proprietor Nigel Haworth and his business partner Craig Bancroft have confirmed a superb line-up of participating chefs, including Michelin-starred chefs Tom Kitchin, Phil Howard, Angela Hartnett, Andrew Fairlie and Nathan Outlaw as well as Theo Randall, Ken Hom and Jacob Jan Boerma from Restaurant De Leest in the Netherlands.
Food writers Matthew Fort, food editor at The Guardian, and Tom Parker Bowles, columnist and television presenter, will also take part in the Obsession 2010 festival and will be cooking a five-course signature menu.
Caterersearch.com and Obsession have teamed up with industry charity Hospitality Action to give one lucky reader the chance to attend the last night of the event hosted by Haworth.
The prize includes:
• Dinner for two with matching wines on the last night of Obsession hosted by Nigel Haworth
• Overnight stay in the hotel
• Two Obsession 2010 cookbooks
• A set of Nigel Haworth's Food with Roots Hotpots
For a chance to win this prize worth £500, donate £5 to Hospitality Action and your name will automatically be entered into the prize draw. The competition closes midnight on Friday 22 January 2010.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over except for employees of Reed Business Information Limited and their immediate families.
2. The "Caterersearch.com/Obsession" competition closes at midnight on Friday 22 January.
3. Winners will be chosen by Caterersearch.com.
4. The prizes do not cover any additional expenses incurred such as travel expenses.
5. The winners will be notified by e-mail within a few days from the date of entry.
6. No cash alternatives are available.
7. Entry is by donation of £5 to Hospitality Action.
8. The prize will be awarded to the winner picked randomly by Caterersearch.com.
9. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The names of the winners will be available from Caterersearch.com by calling 020 8652 4424 or by viewing our winners' page.
11. By entering the competition, entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
12. Caterersearch.com reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or these rules at any time without prior notice.
13. Entrants can contact Caterersearch.com at the following address: ‘Caterersearch.com/Obsession competition', Caterersearch.com, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS.
By Katherine Alano
E-mail your comments to Katherine Alano here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next restaurant job here with Caterersearch.com jobs